Creating creative content is key to driving readers and engaging with your audience. How can pharma get creative with content?
question 1: why does pharma need to work on its creative content?
- creative content is what makes readers come and read your content and also engage with your content
- companies are getting more sophisticated in their approach to content marketing
- need to branch out from standard TV advertisement, we do not live in a push information society anymore
- you need to work hard to engage with people
question 2: what are some common ways pharma is killing creative content?
- continue to have the *we are different*, *we cannot do that here* approach
- widespread belief that creativity does not belong in pharma
- people are frightened to try new things
- being risk-adverse
question 3: what are some of the biggest obstacles in pharma to becoming more creative?
- internal approval processes makes it very hard to get work through
- yes there are limitations but pharma can try harder to be creative (look at examples like alcohol companies and financial institutions)
- creativity means taking risks, pharma is very risk-adverse
- creativity seems to be hard to define and quantify
question 4: how can pharma create a culture of creativity?
- start learning from other business sectors
- pharma needs to change their attitude towards risk, from avoiding mistakes to taking a chance on success
- do social listening so that you understand your audience
- get your approval process in place and to approve quickly if something should come up so you don’t miss the opportunity
question 5: pharma content seems to cover similar topics, so how can each pharma company make theirs stand out from the rest?
- people love beautiful images or photos
- great videos, not long, are also captivating
- get your employees to write content, they are experts in their field
- get away from traditional PR press release messages, too boring, people want to see content that is fresh and trendy