In a social media-oriented world, many companies are asking themselves *do we really need a website?* Here are some questions, along with my responses, I get asked by #bigpharma.
So if you are on social media do you need a website?
Which is the more important website or social media?
Reasons why you do need a website?
- It is your corporate brand
- Allows for more in-depth information about your company
- Google search – people are still searching online and you need to come up in the search
- this is probably the first reason people will come to your website
- enables you to be the expert in your field
- brings traffic to your website
Reasons why you may not need a website?
- People are on social media – you need to be there
- Social media is free and great for marketing
- Easy to engage with people on social media than a website
- Social media platforms like FB allows for company pages
- YT channel allows to inform and educate and aggregate all your channels in one place
- LinkedIn allows for your business contacts and recruiting
- Social media is your new customer service (for example @GSK_ResponseCtr)
- #Bigpharma CEOs on Twitter – bring expertise in their field
- Social media platforms are a great source of information and information sharing
So how should #bigpharma go forward?
- You need to invest in both website and social media platforms
- Different channels to reach different audiences
- Content needs to be designed for the different platforms
- Need to cross promote – for example, add links to your website blog on Twitter
- Make sure you have a website that loads fast- people want fast access to the information they need otherwise they will go to another website
- Invest in social media community management and listen and engage