The consumer today does not want to be disrupted by a traditional TV ad on social media platforms. So what does the future of advertising look like for #pharma?
Social networks are crowded and attention span per post is only a few seconds. How can #pharma break from the noise?
listen to the conversations taking place on social media platforms
track trending hashtags
if you can, consider rescheduling your content at a different time or day
images communicate better than words
consider posting your content on different social media platforms
#pharma your focus for 2020 should be on shifting your marketing from a 20th-century broadcast model into a 21st- century conversation model.
learn to listen first
learn from the on-line conversations
learn from what is shared
use the platforms in a human way
invest in people with social media skills
Pharmaceutical companies definitely need to invest in more quality content and fewer ads on social media platforms.
quality content reigns over quantity
adapt content to different platforms
content should be relevant and provide useful information
less advertising is the key
Ditch the agencies #pharma. Patient groups can be the best creative consultants for your social media content. Why?
it is content created by people and not brands
authenticity is a top priority on social media
it is seen as the most trusted form of content
tap into the experience of patient groups
traditional ads are being bypassed by the consumer
Five main questions for you #pharma to ask yourself about your brand on social media.
- What do people say about my brand on social media?
- What do people think about my company or brand on social media?
- How close am I to my audience on social media?
- Do I know my audience on social media?
- What do people think of my content?
- Are people sharing my content?
- Is my content relevant to my audience?
- How engaging am I with my audience?
- Do I answer questions?
- Do I take part in online conversations?
My list of some of the biggest challenges facing social listening for #pharma today.
embedding it into your organization
learning your audience’s language
finding feedback and incorporating feedback into strategy
understanding why you may be trending
Question from #pharma: what are the objectives for me on social media? The objectives for #pharma on social media platforms should be the following.
Provide useful and relevant content
Gain customer insights
Increase brand awareness
Attract candidates (recruitment)
#pharma the secret to staying engaged with your followers means you have to keep up with the trends in social media. Here are some trends you should be monitoring.
- companies not being directly called into action but you participate in the online discussion
- an excellent example from Sanofi
influencer marketing is evolving
- influencers more than your traditional testimonials have a lead in social media marketing
User-generated content (UGC) is more appreciated by the audience
- UGC is more authentic
- UGC is more creative
- movements are created online
social media is where people go for news probably more than TV
#pharma how do you consume your content? Well then think of the content you produce and how you want your followers to consume your content.
what is content consumption?
- basically how your online followers/audience read and interact with your content
who creates your content?
- content marketing team(s):
- team of content marketers,
- content creation resources,
- measuring if content is effective,
- cross-channel integration
- user-generated content marketing (UGC = user-generated content):
- content created by your followers,
- users online
- advertising agency:
- just recycle what you do on TV on social media platforms
do you create long or short-form content?
- short is what content creators refer to as *snack-able* probably the best for accessing content via mobile
- long content for reading more in-depth
what pisses you off about the content you consume?
- suggested recommendations
- useless information
so how can you get people to read your content?
- be an influencer
- be as social as you can
- engage on social media platforms
- create content with users (think patients and UGC)
- produce excellent content