Social media platforms are adding live streaming to their feeds in the hope of attracting more people and to generate revenue. How can #bigpharma use live social media streaming?
Why live social media streaming?
- Many people are online today
- Videos have the top spot for social media content
- Videos on social platforms are more accessible than watching tv ads
How is live video streaming different from video marketing?
- Streaming is live and video marketing is pre-recorded
- Live is unedited
- Live video is in the moment
- Live is very interactive – it is about real people conversing and engaging
- Live streaming is easy to produce and videos don’t have to be well produced or perfect
The key features of live social media streaming?
- Accessibility – anyone can produce
- Anytime anywhere – can watch on any device
- Urgency – it’s happening now so it feels more urgent
- Priority – social media platforms will prioritize live streaming
- Stands out – attracts more user attention
- Audience building – can reach a broader audience
- Higher engagement rate – higher than image engagement
Benefits for #bigpharma to stream live on social media platforms?
- A way to educate and reach a broader audience
- A way to engage and interact with audiences
- A way to maintain a social media presence
- Has more of a human element – greater than texts or images
- Creates a more intimate and authentic experience
- Live video can be play-backed later
Fears for #bigpharma to use live streaming?
- The fear of new forms of media
- Using live instead of recorded video
- Potential comments during the event or interactive session (which is the same risk as in any live event)