In a previous post, I wrote about how social media platforms were born to be social. Across the years #bigpharma has been using social media to place traditional advertising ads and to drive traffic to their websites. So how can #bigpharma move away from this behavior and create content that can lead to a conversation?
Why is content leading to conversation important for #bigpharma?
- Remember this rule – 80% value 20% self-serving
- It makes you more human – people trust people
- Shows you are not just a cold organization
#Bigpharma needs to develop an online personality, why?
- Demonstrates your company culture
- Need to get away from advertising ads and show your human side
What can #bigpharma gain by conversing online?
- Positive or negative you need to listen and learn what people are saying about you
- Helps you to take action and becomes part of your strategic plan
- Gives you the ability to respond to the needs and concerns of your customer
How can #bigpharma do this?
- Share posts even if they are not yours
- Join in existing conversation – Tweet chats for example
- Respond to comments
- Answer complaints
- Answer questions
- Don’t be silent – it will not go away
- Remember 24/7 news cycle – don’t wait a week for responses
- Use live streaming video – FaceBook live is awesome for this
- Be consistent – don’t go in the dark
- Do not dominate the conversation
How does this impact #bigpharma and its internal organization?
- In 24/7 news cycle #bigpharma needs to have a corresponding internal structure in place – market environments calls for internal adaptation
- Communication hierarchy needs to be reduced so that information is delivered rapidly and correctly
- Social media group/teams should be allowed to have a priority channel to the C-Suite for rapid responses
- Reduce department silos in order to create a greater network and exchange of information and create better working relationships