I get asked these questions all the time by #pharma.
How important is the number of followers on your social media platforms?
- well it is the number one criteria by which all are judged upon on social media platforms
- look at who is following you and not only the number of people following you
- look to see how many of the followers really have an interest in your content
- need followers otherwise your message doesn’t get any where
- the bigger the brand the more followers you should have
When are shares of your content / posts important?
- everyone’s wish is for content to go viral
- everyone likes to see sharing of their content – it gives a certain psychological high
- not all likes and shares are the same though – are your followers sharing because it is good content
- when people share it means they are introducing your content to others
- sharing of content may also make you vulnerable and set you up for judgement
How about the importance of likes?
- the question to ask yourself is what do you do with the likes you receive
- likes could mean that content was relevant
- likes can also be viewed as an engagement
“Likes are always an indicator of social standing, at my age,” says an anonymous 17-year-old survey respondent. “As someone who gets anxious and occasionally struggles with self-esteem, the amount of Likes on my posts can be both hugely uplifting or depressing.”2017 January The New Statesman
How important is engagement?
- it is where people thank you
- it is where people criticize you
- it is where people turn for answers
- it is where relationships are built
Is how fast your audience grows important?
- it must be organic
- don’t buy followers
- create content relevant for your audience