What does pharma need to have in place for a great content marketing team? It is proven today that high-quality content engages your audience and builds authentic relationships. It helps to build trust and a connection with your audience. Great content is the future of #bigpharma business.
Ask yourself before putting a content marketing team in place, what do you want your content to accomplish?
- Is it to grow your audience?
- Is it to improve your brand trust?
- Is it to build authentic relationships?
- Is it to increase engagement?
Benefits of having in place a content marketing team?
- Content will be created on a scheduled basis and not haphazardly
- Content creation and management is not a side project but is part of your brand strategy
- Keep content interesting and engaging
- Allows for customers to interact with people in the team – people like to interact with people on social platforms
Basic roles you should have in a content marketing team?
- A leader – aka chief content officer
- A strategist
- An editor – aka managing editor
- An analytics expert – SEO
- Content producers – copywriters, videographers, graphic designers
- Social media strategist – has the ability to determine which content & tactics work best on which social media platform
- And of course in the #bigpharma world always medical, regulatory and legal
Breaking down the silos and essential beyond the core content marketing team?
- Include digital innovation in overall company strategy/priorities
- CEO – who understands the importance of content marketing and shows passion and commitment
- The entire company – sales, management, market research, clinical development, business development, legal, regulatory, finance and medical
Global content marketing team versus local content marketing team?
- Keep in mind the internet and social media platforms expose people to content from around the world
- How many languages are you creating content in?
- Should you create stories and content with a global appeal or a local appeal?
- Never forget cultural sensitivity and allow local content marketing teams to a voice content development