Creating content that you want #bigpharma and that your audience wants calls for a shift in content strategies. You know you have created great content when your audience responds or engages with it. So #bigpharma, you cannot create content just for the sake of creating content anymore you really have to understand what your audience wants.
How do you know what your audience wants?
- Just ask them
- What do they want
- What do they say
- What do they need from you
- Which kind of content worked in the past
- Which kind of content is not working
What are some of the challenges facing #bigphrama in content marketing?
- Producing engaging content
- Producing content consistently
- Producing a variety of content
- Lack of understanding your audience
- Lack of integration across marketing, sales, medical, regulatory, legal
- Lack of budget
- Lack of priority
- Being risk averse
What kind of content is #bigpharma mostly producing?
- Traditional corporate messages
- Traditional TV Ads (DTC in the US)
- Press releases
- Ego content
So how do you strike a balance between creating what you want and what your audience wants?
- Create content together with your audience (UGC – user-generated content)
- Use the social media platforms as an inspiration
- Ask yourself are you solving their problems
- Ask them to help you pick your topics for content
- Try to answer their questions
- Take baby steps in experimenting with kinds of content
- Test content with a small group of your followers before going all out
Do you need different content for different social media platforms?
- You do need a specific social media content strategy for each platform
- Know your audience on each social media platform
- Different demographics on each platform use social media differently
- Avoid cross-posting – same content across different platforms
- Content and format need to fit into the different social media platforms (for example hashtags, tagging)