Social media platforms allows for tapping into a large pool of potential candidates. How can #pharma attract the right talent using social media platforms.
What are some of the benefits of social media recruiting?
- It allows for creating contacts that a company may never have have come in contact with
- It allows for a company to see beyond just a written resume (I am not referring to stalking and checking candidates)
- It allows for increasing job posting visibility
- It allows for opportunities to come in contact with *passive candidates* (those not actively seeking)
Which is the best social media platform for recruiting?
- IMO all platforms provide a source for finding excellent talent
- Each platform brings with it different demographics and creativity
- Do not limit yourself to one social media platform
- Do not focus on just the traditional big three FB, Twitter
- Do incorporate: YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest
What are some ways to find candidates and connect on social media platforms?
- Use hashtags
- Join a community
- Join a TweetChat
- Follow influencers
- Get your employees involved in the process, this will broaden your reach and audience
- Experiment new techniques and platforms
- Build relationships early on not only when you are just looking
- Create engaging content rather than just plain posting
Do you have a social media recruiting strategy?
- Every company should have a social media recruiting strategy
- Recruiters are responsible for creating the social media recruiting strategy
- Make sure to track and analyze everything and use data to fine tune
- Each social media platform should have its own dedicated strategy section: content should be adapted to each social media platform
- Track your analytics from each individual platform:
- Which platform gives more engagement
- Which strategy has engaged most people
- Is it aligned with your employee advocacy strategy
- Is it aligned with your corporate strategy
- Keep in mind: how active is your company (corporate handle) on social media platforms
I was once asked “Can influencers be hired as employees”?
- My response: No
- An influencer is one that has social clout or currency
- Influencers are experts in their fields
- Influencers can help you move your content
- Influencers can help with access to a different audience
- Influencers should not be considered an employee
- On the flip side do look within your organization for those employees that are influencers – they reflect the company culture and are passionate about what they do and can help in reaching potential candidates