Community or audience on social media? There is a need to always build and grow your online audience. But has pharma developed a strategy to develop and grow an online community? What is the difference between an audience and a community? And is one more important than the other?
What are some of the distinguishing features of a community?
- A community is interactive
- A community brings link minded people together
- A community involves naming the group or events by proper hashtag
- A community uses insider jargon, wit, phrases, memes
- A community helps each other out
- A community is brought together by a passion
What are some of the distinguishing features of an audience?
- An audience listens
- An audience follows
- An audience shares relevant information
Which is more valuable?
- Both are very important
- An audience can develop into a community & made to feel a part of something
Do you need different strategies for each?
- Yes, building a community involves a different strategy than building an audience
- Are you starting meaningful conversations?
- Are you engaging in the conversations?
- Are you asking for input from your community?
- What value do you bring to the conversation?
- Ask yourself can the community continue without you?
Some ways for #bigpharma to turn their audience into a community?
- Pharma could start to build a community around disease or healthcare topics
- Pharma can work towards a shared purpose go beyond their individual needs
- Pharma can work towards building a greater relationship between community & the organization