One of the most interesting aspects of influencer marketing today is that it is dominated by women. What can #pharma learn from this phenomenon.
What is influencer marketing?
- It is a collaboration between a brand and an influencer
- In a nutshell influencers use products, give authentic and honest reviews and receive audience feedback
- Being an influencer is a profession today
Why are women leading the pack of influencers?
- Social media loves personal stories and women are more likely to share personal stories
- Women are the vast majority of users on social media platforms
- Biggest categories for influencers are fashion, fitness, food, lifestyle and travel – biggest users within these categories are women
Women influencers and content, what can we learn?
- High posting rates (up to several times a day)
- Content is highly curated and professional
- Women influencers are obsessed with quality more than a schedule
How do women influencers build a community?
- Valuing engagement more than metrics
- Being authentic
- Being transparent
- Being who you are
- Creating personal connection with their audiences
How do women influencers build their brand?
- By showing passion for what they do
- Asking yourself why do you want to tell a story
- Asking yourself why are you the person to tell this story
- By being authentic
- Creating high quality content, photos and videos