#pharma, like many organizations, treats content as an expense and not having any value. #pharma your content is an asset. It is a *currency*. It is the voice of your organization.
why is your content an asset?
- it is the voice of your organization
- it is the face of your organization
- it has value
- it is useful to the business
- it reflects on organization’s bottom line
what is content?
- content is information
- it is distribution of knowledge
- it promotes
- it starts conversations (engagement)
- your content reflects who you are – it is the voice of your organization
forms of content include the following:
- company’s website content
- blog posts
- reports – ebooks
- white papers
- social media channels
- email newsletters
- comments – opinions
how do you manage content as an asset?
- track and measure your content (marketers today have more access to data than ever before)
- work together to have one voice
- make sure it tied into your goals
- have in place a content strategy
why is content portfolio management so important?
- consider it as a currency
- content has a life cycle:
- creating content
- auditing content
- evergreening content – that is refreshing old content
- always try to find ways to amplify the value of content