Can working with the *younger generation* help traditional #bigpharma executives learn more about the social media platforms? Let’s take a look at reverse mentoring for #bigpharma.
What is reverse mentoring?
- Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric is given credit for having invented the concept back in 1999
- Basically, older executives are teamed up with younger generation employees who teach how to use / how social media platforms work
What are the benefits of reverse mentoring for #bigpharma and social media?
- For the executive suite that is not familiar with social media this can help
- Help to grasp the savviness of the social media platforms
- Be mutually beneficial, younger generation learning more about the business savviness
What are the challenges of reverse mentoring for #bigpharma and social media?
- Resistance from senior management
- Finding time to meet
How should it be structured?
- Should be one on one mentoring
- Should be focused on social media platforms
- Should select a few social media platforms
- Should also include emerging trends and new innovations outside of
- Should be a relationship building opportunity
- Should be a mobile first
Making it a priority?
- Needs to be identified as a priority
- Benchmark with other CEOs, or C suite executives
- Learn how social media can add value to the company and brand
- Make it a personal learning priority