People today do not like advertising and do not trust a brand or marketing message. Marketers spend hours pouring over data only in the end coming up with company content that is not engaging. What can #bigpharma marketing do to change that?
Reasons why people do not trust your brand?
- It is inauthentic
- Content that is created is not engaging
- Brand content is flat and is not inspiring
- Still using traditional advertising
What is the present state of #bigpharma marketing?
- Advertising is still a big investment
- Broadcasting news about your organization is still a priority
- Marketing message comes across as *selling*
- Spending hours analyzing data and instead of trusting and listening to consumers and their honest truth
What is different in marketing today?
- Marketing is becoming more social
- People want to hear from people
- Consumers are brutally honest
- Influencers can and are creating authentic and engaging content
What needs to change in #bigpharma marketing?
- Need to be more open to ideas that have never been tried
- Trust what others are saying about you
- Don’t tell others how great you are – people will just not believe you
- Be transparent – answer your negative reviews
- Invest in content strategy
- Work with influencers
- Be engaging on social media platforms
What organizational changes need to take place in #bigpharma?
- Organize internally for the digital age
- Avoid functional silos & build more cross-functional teams with a flow of communication and processes
- Redefine operating models to handle challenges of a digital age
- Digital needs to become core across all functions