Why should pharma focus on building an audience? The whole idea behind content strategy is to build an audience. How can pharma achieve this? I have been reading the book Content Inc by Joe Pulizzi and how content is the foundation for building an audience. Here are some of my key insights for pharma.
Why build an audience?
- It makes you an authority
- It means you are providing useful content
- It means you are solving problems or responding to pain points
- It means you are providing something valuable
- It means you are trusted
Who is pharma’s audience?
- Just about anyone and everyone really
- Just to name a few:
- Healthcare professionals
- Other pharma companies
- Anyone that may need healthcare services in the future
- However and most importantly you do not own your audience
“The reason that the audience is in different places is that no audience is owned. Regardless of whether you are a major television network, popstar, or professional sports team with rabid fans, you simply do not own your audience. They can get up and leave mentally or physically at any time.” Jeff Rohrs, chief marketing officer at Yext and author of the book Audience
How do you build an audience?
- By providing useful content
- By providing great content
- By responding to the needs of the audience
- By responding to customer pain points
- By sharing your knowledge
Is content the best way to build an audience?
- Content is where it all starts
- Content is why people come to your website /blog
- Content is why people subscribe to your channel/blog
- Content is why people follow you on social media
Is social media sharing and engaging the best way to build an audience?
- Social media provides the platforms for sharing content