Social media efforts should always be tracked, monitored and analyzed. This is the role of the social media analyst within #bigpharma and within the social media team. The social media analyst lives and breathes data.
Who is the social media analyst?
- Social media analyst collects social media data and shares useful information within #bigpharma
- Social media analyst lives and breathes social media data
What is the difference between a social media manager and social media analyst?
- Social media manager manages social media relations
- Social media manager manages social media relations externally for example influencers, bloggers and outreach programs
- Social media manager is involved in the larger scope of social media decisions
- Social media analyst takes social media data and makes it understandable for the rest of the organization
Which metrics do social media analysts track?
- Audience – size and type
- Reach and engagement
- Community engagement
- Sentiment analysis
- Content analysis
- Benchmarking competitors
- Tracking campaigns or products
Which tools are used by social media analysts?
- Platform analytics
- Management tool analytics – tools for social media management
- Standalone analytics – social media measurement tools
- Social media analytics software
- Third party analytics tools
What should be included in the social media report, produced by the social media analyst?
- What are you trying to show
- What questions are you trying to answer
- Which metrics did you choose and give a reason why and how they helped to answer your questions
- What was your timeframe – weekly, monthly, duration of the campaign and make sure to include benchmarks
- Forget the vanity metrics