How can #bigpharma distinguish itself from all the noise of mass content marketing online? We are seeing two major shifts taking place. First, there is a shift of going from social first to audience first. Basically, this means being *on all the time*. Second, a shift from content scale to content quality. Brands are seeing an evolution from brand centric to creating value, quality content & relationships.
Why the shifts?
- Too many marketing messages competing for the same audience
- Brands have taken note that they need to do something different
- Audience needs and demand are changing
- A more personalized approach is demanded by the audience
- A more intelligent approach is requested by the audience
- Audience wants marketing ads to sound authentic and also be relevant
What do we mean by audience first?
- Your audience is made up of human beings – real humans
- Your audience becomes your active contributor – they are shaping your content
- You always have to be *on* – remember social media does not sleep
- You need to develop and attend to your audience
- You need to engage and start a conversation with your audience
- Audiences today expect more – gone are the traditional TV, ads print or radio
How can you shift to audience first?
- Look at your data
- Start asking your audience questions
- Start leveraging your metrics early on during content development
- Perform an audit of your content and see which content has been performing better
- Get your audience involved in the development of your content (User Generated Content)
What do we mean by shifting from content scale to quality?
- It is all about quality content over quantity
- Content needs to be relevant, informative and fun
- Post with a purpose and not just for the sake of posting
- Quality content brings on quality engagement
How can you shift to quality content first?
- Create value-added content
- Make sure your content is aligned with what is going on in the world
- Your audience is changing every day so make sure your content is aligned with the trends
- Need to understand the different platforms – adapt content to each platform
- Identify the social media platforms that best suits your content
- no need to be on all platforms
- focus on the platforms that your audience are most likely on
- do not post the exact thing on each platform – a more tailored strategy is more powerful