Ok, so social media was born to be social and not for advertising. But many companies are using social media for social media advertising, that is paid content on a social media platform. What should social media advertising look like for #bigpharma?
What are some of the benefits of social media advertising?
- Brand awareness
- Building your community
- Social currency
Some important factors to keep in mind of social media advertising?
- Select carefully your social media platform – do the demographics match your message
- On which social media platform is my audience
- Which social media platform is your audience most engaged
- Always be testing and watch for different ad formats on each platform
- Balance advertising with organic, not paid, content
- Design ads with mobile in mind
How do you measure social media advertising?
- Track which posts resonate better with your audience
- Are you measuring impressions or engagement
- Track the ads being clicked, liked, shared or commented
Developing a social media advertising strategy?
- Don’t run the same ad on different platforms – different platforms different formats
- On tv repeating the same ad works whereas on social media fresh and engaging advertising works
- Build company brand awareness by teaching and informing people
- Have a budget in place
- Don’t forget mobile
So what does social media advertising look like for #bigpharma?
- Less traditional advertising ads and more original content
- More on science, research, patient needs, clinical trials, disease awareness
- More social media employee advocates, this is the best promotion for any organization
- More live streaming on disease awareness and research
- If you are patient-centric and going beyond the pill, then embrace social media platforms for real-time customer service, for example, GSK Response Center @GSK_ResponseCtr